Instagram

Tuesday 5 June 2018

Monthly Favourites | May

I've been neglecting this blog, it's true but if nothing else I want to try to always get a monthly favourites post up!
So here is Mays -

I'll start with a few beauty products because I have found, compared to food, this is a much harder area to navigate as a vegan!

Noughty hair products:

Anyone that has tried to purchase 100% vegan hair products will know it can be tricky and expensive... especially if you are looking for it to be specifically aimed at curly/dry hair! I did A LOT of research and compared many companies with price, reviews on quality and also availability without paying extortionate postage!
That's when I saw an advert on Facebook for Noughty. It was a curl creme that was 97% natural and 100% vegan.... this was certainly worth a little look. When I checked the prices I was pleasantly surprised as they average £6.99 a bottle (that's for the cremes, shampoos, conditioners and rescue remedies) which compared to other companies was much cheaper!

I ordered some as the postage also was also very reasonable - I have tried the shampoo, the curl creme and leave in conditioner .... and have since bought the normal wash out conditioner....

My hair feels soft, nourished and it has allowed me to leave my hair to dry naturally without ending up looking like Einstein! They do have products aimed at other hair types as well so it isn't limited to curly ladies!



Say Yes To Cotton micellar water:

Time for me to confess to you .... up until recently I was a person that used make up wipes...
Yes I know how terrible that is for the environment and it's awful that it has taken me so long to find an alternative BUT I now have!
I bought this from Holland and Barratt and it is 95% natural and again 100% vegan. The best part though is that it can be used with a sponge or washcloth instead of disposable tissues! I also find that it is good for sensitive skin and not harsh at all!




Alpro Caffe:

Possibly my best discovery this month is this delicious iced coffee from Alpro, it's hazelnut and coffee so tastes a little like ferrero rocher!
If you're not keen on hazelnut they also have a salted caramel option which is just as yummy! Pour it over some ice and you'll be sorted for the rest of summer minus the Costa or Starbucks price tag!!






Nakd blueberry muffin bars:

Considering there's only a small number of ingredients in these little bars they taste EXACTLY like blueberry muffins but are a hella lot healthier! Win!

Nakd have a huge number of bars that I'm sure will suit every taste so go to your local supermarket and peruse the options available!




Wagamamas Vegatsu curry:
Anyone that has spent any time with me will know my undying love for Wagamamas, who do already have an amazing number of vegan dishes.
However they have recently out done themselves! Before becoming vegan I adored the chicken katsu curry and have really missed being able to order it ... NO MORE!
There is now a vegan alternative that uses seitan but still has the same stunning, crispy, golden coating and mildly spicy curry sauce.

Even meat eaters could enjoy this one! I  think I have found my new favourite dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment