Instagram

Sunday 8 April 2018

Vegan Eats | Bath.

If you go travelling, eating as a vegan can occasionally make life a little awkward, but once you know where to go it doesn't have to be a struggle. I want to start a sort of series on the blog where I will post about places I eat whenever I travel elsewhere.... Let me know what you think and if it would be interesting to share!

I recently spent a weekend in Bath and sampled A LOT of the vegan options there, I'm going to share them so if you ever find yourself in the beautiful city you'll have some suggestions!

The Cosy Club:

I've experienced Cosy Club many times and it has been wonderful every visit, in fact we ate twice there over the two days we stayed!
There are a few options to try on the vegan menu, I opted  for the risotto as this is rarely a dish that can be catered for vegans what with all the cream that's normally used....

This was full of veg and flavour - more tomato based than you might expect from a traditional risotto but it's delicious none the less. Pair it with the scrumptious cocktails they have to offer and your evening is sorted!

On the last morning we returned for brunch, because long weekend breaks are made for brunching. I was very tempted by the avocado toast ... yes I am the basic vegan that loves avo, however this is a common option in many restaurants so instead I tried the vegan breakfast. A full English made vegan, how could I say no?
Instead of sausages or bacon they substitute falafel, I was unsure how this would work in a breakfast as I would normally have falafel for a main meal - they worked so well! The middle eastern flavours were intense but not over powering, they were soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside.
The one thing I would change is that the toast didn't come with any butter or other topping so was a tad dry.


















Franco Manca:

Next we move to the most important of the food groups. Pizza.
Most pizza places cater well for vegans now and are happy to make them without cheese, if you want rustic, back to basic, wholesome pizzas then Franco Manca is the place for you!
The vegan option is a tomato, herb and garlic pizza, you just add any of the extra toppings you want - I had mushrooms, brocolli and roast potato... and in case you were wondering, yes potato is PHENOMENAL on pizza.



Thaikhun:

The last restaurant we visited served Thai food which is one of my favourites! The restaurant itself is fantastic with incredible, cluttered decor that's super colourful and unique, we couldn't help but go in! Nearly all their vegetarian dishes are also vegan so once again there was plenty to choose from!
The dumplings were potentially my favourite dish as they were soft, filling and packed with yummy! The main I had was tofu and cashews with rice, for such a simple plate the amount of different tastes was incredible. It was pretty spicy so watch out if you're not great with heat!




Chapel Arts Cafe:

No food list is complete without somewhere to get tea and cake! Chapel Arts Cafe is a completely vegan cafe with loads of cake options and they also do lunch.
The atmosphere is super chilled and a little eccentric, the perfect place to wind down after a long day walking around the sites of the city. They stay open late and often have live music as well!
This is such a unique establishment that is
tucked out of the way - without knowing it's there you might miss it but I can't stress enough how important it is that you give this place a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment